- Everyday, read somewhere different for example; on a chair, in your bed, on the floor, on a couch, outside under a tree, while walking around your room, upside down.
- Have someone read to you: Mum, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunty, Uncle. Getting read to is incredibly important to better understand reading.
- Read to someone else yourself; brothers, sisters, parents, caregivers, pets, teddy bears.
- Remember reading isn’t just books. It’s also Newspapers, recipes, articles, comics, texts, emails.
- At least once a week make a response to something you’re reading: write a summary, book report, character profile, picture, poster, redesign the front cover, alternative ending, word maps for new words, new vocabulary lists
- Pick your favourite book, write a play for it. Make costumes or props if you need.